NKMS Heroin Plan
- Support a multiple disciplinary approach to fighting the heroin epidemic including healthcare workers, judicial system, local community groups, county health departments, and first responders.
- Support needle exchanges at each NKY county’s Health Department facility.
- Improve access to Medical Assisted Treatment programs for patients recovering from their opiate addiction.
- Make Vivitrol injections available at intervention points both in the judicial and healthcare systems.
- Better access to pain management specialist so that patients with chronic pain can be cared for appropriately.
Commit to Quit 2016
Are you a Physician? Here's why you should belong to the Northern Kentucky Medical Society and the Kentucky Medical Association.
We are your voice in Frankfort and Washington!
By supporting the NKMS and the Kentucky Medical Association with your membership dues, you support the entire medical community. Not only physicians, but other medical providers, hospitals and pharmacists have benefited from the lobbying efforts of the NKMS and the KMA. The NKMS has been very successful in helping to elect legislators who are pro-physician. Doctors from the NKMS and the KMA were instrumental in effecting the repeal of the provider tax and in the enactment of the prompt payment bill, and will continue to work hard in Frankfort and Washington..
Secretary, Member Services
Kentucky Medical Association
4965 US Hwy 42 Ste 2000
Louisville, KY 40222